Conservation Organization In The South Metro Area Is Accepting Applications for Board Members
Are you interested in protecting and enhancing open spaces and parks in the south metro area? Does the idea of connecting people to nature intrigue you? Then consider applying to be on the Board of the South Metro Land Conservancy. For 30 years this group of dedicated conservationists has been instrumental in influencing decisions around open space land use. Comprised of a wide variety of walks of life, the Board is committed to working together to ensure that our natural spaces are accessible and protected. Apply to join the Board by completing the application form and returning it to email@example.com.
Board Member Job Description
- Have a strong interest in conservation and environmental issues.
- Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings.
- Volunteer for assignments and complete in a timely manner.
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepare for meetings, review and comment on minutes and reports, and get to know other Board members (build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus).
- Participates in fund raising for the organization.
- Active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts
About SMLC: South Metro Land Conservancy is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. SMLC has initiated or participated in a number of conservation and land preservation projects. These efforts add up to over 10,300 acres of open space being protected.
Mission: SMLC's mission is to increase understanding and appreciation of the profound importance of open spaces, natural areas, parks and trails in the lives of people of all ages. SMLC does this through advocacy, open space acquisition, and educational projects.
Interested candidates for the SMLC Board should submit the application below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal contact information will not be publicly shared. It will only be used by SMLC to get in touch with you.